Now that most of you have had a chance to obtain the 4th movie Goblet of Fire, the 1ST EVER HARRYTHON has begun. I ask that when you are posting topics related to the HARRYTHON that you tag it as harrython.
When: March 27–June 30, 2006
House Submission Due: April 3, 2006
Review: July 1–30, 2006
Winners: Announced July 31, 2006
Winnings: $10 value Gift to Amazon.com per member in house + Brag rights
How to enter: A group will spend the next 3 months in a Harrython, over analyzing and focusing on one topic that better helps them to find reasons/meanings/theories about what is to come in Harry Potter Book 7. They will read the Harry Potter series from cover to cover and watch the Harry Potter films from beginning to end, to develop their challenge in a presentation /essay. Groups may use Power Point presentations to show their point.
Find a group. Pick a topic/focus. Pick a leader. Work on it together.
Submit group in this post: include names, house mascot and colors (first post, first served). Follow rules.
1. Challengers may enter in groups/pairs, known as houses, limit 5 members to a house.
2. There may only be 4 Houses competing in the Harrython.
3. Houses will have mascots and name must not be copyrighted by Warner Brothers... (IE: come up with your own mascot and name. Colors are up to you. *looks the other way*.) No house shall share the same mascot or colors with another. House mascot and color scheme is on a first post first served basis. House colors and mascots may not be submitted until house is fully comprised of its members. Houses and topics are due April 3, 2006. Please declare your topic/house in a separate post when you are ready by April 3, 2006. When posting you must tag your post HARRYTHON (one word)
4. Each house must choose a Head-of-House to speak for the group. Please when posting, use house name in the tags so we can track your progress.
5. Each house must choose a topic to focus on for three months, and submit a Hypothesis on this topic or focus by April 3, 2006, in the house declaration post.
6. Please enter this way:
MEMBERS: (lj usernames)
7. Your hypothesis must explain the topic you are going to focus on and how it will answer unsolved mysteries of the Harry Potter series.
8. Final presentations of topic will be submitted in a single post, by the Head-of-House, containing at least an essay, using the Scientific Method: explaining what they have discovered about their hypothesis. Presentation may include images or Power Point Presentations, to explain their point. Please do not use any media other then that to explain your point. All final presentations must be LJ CUT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.
9. Please cite all data as best as possible including links and credit copyright images to their source. Do not hot-link images from their source, save images/data on your own server. If you do not have access to a server, the ChurchofHogwarts.com will host it for you.
10. You may post data and thoughts of your progress on the journal. You may post or announce meetings on the journal. You must tag all your entries with HARRYTHON and house name.
Review team: Church Of Hogwarts members and houses will judge each of the groups presentations and vote on the best one. You may not vote on your own house. You may not solicit for votes. Voting will be screened.
Questions: Please ask. Did I miss anything? These rules and guidelines are subject to change, you will be notified.
Disclaimer: This event is not sponsored by any entity associated with the WB or JKR. This is a private unofficial event limited to the members of the Church of Hogwarts.